The Armor of God
Paul in his letter to the Ephesians (chapter 6 vs 14-17) talks about 6 pieces of spiritual armor that we need to put on daily in order to avoid becoming a casualty of spiritual warfare! Each piece of armor addresses a specific area of our life.
1. The Girdle of Truth – saturating our conscience with God’s word!
2. The Breastplate of Righteousness – becoming in practice who we already are in Christ!
3. The Shoes of The Gospel of Peace- allowing the peace of God to inspire our heart.
4. The Shield of Faith- Faith is the key to deflecting the fiery darts of doubt , distress of mind, depression of spirit and disappointment in yourself and others.
5. The Helmet of Salvation – taking every negative thought captive by taking one (just one) negative thought captive and placing it under obedience to Jesus Christ.
6. The Sword of The Spirit – this is the only offensive weapon included in our armor – “The Sword of The Spirit ,which is the word of God” (Ephes 6:17). The sword refers to a particular part of the Word of God which is called the “rhema” which refers to a spiritual two edged sword traveling at ludicrous speed through time and space with one destination – to pierce the heart.
We have a Father in heaven who celebrates perseverance and endurance, unlike the world’s understanding of what it is to win. But the race God calls us to finish is more about courage than speed.
In collaboration with St. Francis and Living Waters, Star of the Sea is hosting a retreat where you will reclaim the self that God created.